Friday, July 23, 2010

I want to powder coat my motorcycle tank black and then airbrush over it. Will this work?

Yeah, i'm fairly certain you can airbrush over powder coat. The only thing you might need to watch is that the solvents you use with the paint wont effect the powder coat.I want to powder coat my motorcycle tank black and then airbrush over it. Will this work?
Powder coat is pretty tough stuff, that's why it is used for things like frames and rims. After it is powder coated you can paint over it if you are using the correct paint. Make sure you are using automotive grade paint, check TCP Global for supplies. They tend to have a large selection.I want to powder coat my motorcycle tank black and then airbrush over it. Will this work?
Yes it can , Powder coat is just a delivery system for paint. But check with your airbrusher, it may not be needed or wanted by him.


Why pay 2 painters when 1 can do the job better.

No comments:

Post a Comment