Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Are gel nails truly gel based? Salons say they're a finer grain acryclic powder coated with UV gel cover.?

I've been going to two different salons near me and they both say that gel nails are based on a finer grain powder, but it's suspicious when they pull out white containers with ';gel'; handwritten on them. Could be to easily identify them from the other acrylic containers, but I've found postings at online nail care communities that say gel nails start with a gel liquid base, and other postings that say they are another type of acrylic. Which is it? Am I paying more for acrylics? I had them removed just yesterday, trying to go back to normal, but love the look of very short, manicured french gel nails.Are gel nails truly gel based? Salons say they're a finer grain acryclic powder coated with UV gel cover.?
I have gel nails and from what I understand and have been told, gel nails are just a healthier branch of acrylic with a UV gel polishing over them. They are supposed to be thinner so the your nails can ';breathe'; better. They are also shinier. Everywhere I go, gel nails are more expensive so I doubt you will pay more for acrylic! But I agree, its so hard to go back natural once you've had the cute french manicured gel nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment