Monday, July 26, 2010

Cleaning powder coated?

whats the best way to clean a rat's powder coated cage?Cleaning powder coated?
I found that cleaning powder coated can be a total pain. I generally put mine in the shower, spray it down with simple green, take a wet sponge and wipe all surfaces of it, then rinse it with super hot water, ALOT. make sure all residue is gone. Then I lay towels out in my kitchen and set the cage on it and point a fan at it for an hour or so until its dry. I do try to dry it with a towel a little bit, but I always end up snagging the towel on my cage and making little stringy bits everywhere.





Its always an event, but a clean cage means happy healthy ratties.





Edit: I changed this because apparently adding another T to the end of but makes yahoo star it out =/ but thats what its a pain in to clean. haha.Cleaning powder coated?
With my cages, if they really need a good full cleaning, I tend to just stick em in the shower with the heat all the way up. It will wash everything away, and then you can just dry it off and put it back to use. If you have something bigger than your shower/bath, then I would recommend using very hot water be careful!) on a scrap towel and wiping it down that way on all sides of the wire/platforms. If you feel a need to use chemicals, bleach works well, just make sure that you are very very careful to clean it all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment